REACT provides the opportunity to:
- perform novel research that has potential for great societal impact
- live and work in Europe for 2.5 months
- receive mentorship from Industrial partners
- develop and improve technical communication skills
- access broader career development resources
- be part of a unique and dynamic greater community that involves Penn, Alabama State University, Villanova, Bryn Mawr, GIANT and Solvay (there are 17 faculty participants from the US academic institutions and 15 participants from a broad range of institutions and agencies at GiANT)
Accepted graduate students will be funded for 1-3 years, depending on the year that they enter.
For 2015-2016, we expect to fund three second-year students for two years and three third year students for one year. For the summer of 2016, the third-year students would do research in Grenoble.
We expect one postdoc and five undergraduate students will be funded to do summer research each year of the 5-year project.